Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stumbling blocks

     Well, the first few days have not been as easy as I wanted them to be. I've been trying to follow Steve's plan and I feel like I have my own personal food coach. However, I was not ready. This week's lesson - BE PREPARED! Once I got the plan, read it, and read it some more. I decided to start. But, I didn't go to the grocery store or make a dinner list. I thought I could just wing it. On Wednesday, my son received his 12 month immunizations and became feverish. (Which equals = three days of fever and one highly cranky little boy!) It is hard to make good, healthy choices when faced with time crunches, exhaustion, and a limited refrigerator.
     This morning, I sat down at the kitchen table and made a list. I planned out my meals for the next week, including snacks. Shopping was easier because I didn't have to decide do I want this? Do I need this? I bought what was on the list. Now, I have a dinner list on the fridge and the things I need to make it happen! Now that there is a list, perhaps  I'll get lucky when I come home from work and Austin will have dinner waiting??? It's been known to happen!
     The next thing I need to figure out is how to get my "teacher bladder" back since I'm drinking a sea of water!  =)

1 comment:

  1. Sigh it happens, you think it would be common sense to plan ahead and be prepared, but I just keep trying to wing it too, and its not working. So glad you have planned and that will be in your favor! So tell me about this Steve diet?

    ReplyDelete